Friday, September 4, 2009

Thoughts On Thinking (My Obsession With The Creative Process)

Hello, my legions. I think I might open up to you a bit tonight. You see, I'm an imperfect human being, I'm humble enough to say that. I know this because I sometimes suffer with bouts of insomnia and my BMs aren't as regular as I would like. If it weren't for those things, I would be pretty much perfect. Sadly, this imperfection can sometimes force me to contend with humanity. These contentions usually take the form of epic lyrical battles, with microsoft word being the field of battle. Please enjoy these documents of the most recent confrontation.

Shirtless but Hairy
I sit in this bed
Because lying has become too hard
Lying has become too hard
Because my mind needs to stand
Standing is required
Because I need to know
Knowledge is necessary
Because I must apply
Application is necessary
Because I must act
But I sit in this bed
And lying might get easier…

Knowing
It’s not passive
No, a weapon
It has perimeters
Which you must step in

Refractive Living
What am I, but a mural?
Fragments of burnt sand and etchings
What am I, but a soap box?
Ideas stand upon me and echo
What am I, but your muse?
Songs from distant pasts evoke

1 comment: